The AirPods & AirPods Pro are primarily intended for mobile and Mac gaming software, with no latency between visual and aural performance.
Connecting a USB Bluetooth dongle and some changes to the menu settings of the gaming PC, Nintendo Switch, or PlayStation 5 allows you to listen wirelessly using the AirPods Pro.
Although the AirPods Pro were not designed with gaming audio in mind, their ease of use makes connecting your headphones to these platforms a must-do.
Read on for a deeper look at how the AirPods Pro are beneficial to gaming, which platforms immediately work, and how a simple add-on might link the AirPods Pros to almost any other gaming device.
Is AirPods Pro Compatible With Gaming?
Before we get into the specifics of how to get the AirPods Pro or Powerbeats Pro to connect correctly to platforms that need some work, I should mention about what the AirPods Pro can link to straight out of the box for gaming use.
- The AirPods Pro and Powerbeats Pro will function immediately if you use a smartphone, such as an iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21 for gaming. There is no need for additional accessories or menu settings adjustments.
- The AirPods Pro are compatible with devices that have Bluetooth capabilities. Because the AirPods Pro are designed to connect to Bluetooth-enabled devices, this is the case.
- Remove the earbud from the case, switch it on, and watch as your iOS mobile device’s magical tab springs forth from the bottom of your AirPods Pro.
- The AirPods Pro will not connect to Android smartphones or tablets unless they are paired with the Apple Wireless Battery Case.
- The AirPods Pro will be able to connect right out of the box to any of the above-mentioned devices, as well as Windows PCs, Mac desktops, and gaming PCs that have built-in Bluetooth.
- All you have to do now is switch on pairing mode using the button on the AirPods case, locate them through your PC or Mac gaming devices’ Bluetooth menu, and you’re ready to go.
- Let’s quickly look at how AirPods Pro works with the gaming platforms that haven’t been mentioned yet: the PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and gaming laptops and PCs without Bluetooth.
What Is The AirPods Pro Gaming Latency And How Does It Affect Gameplay?
With AirPods Pro and Powerbeats Pro connected wirelessly to an iOS device, such as an iPhone 13 or iPad Pro, the audio with respect to the images on the display should have almost no latency.
- Users who have the AirPods Pro may occasionally experience gaming latency through them, usually as a result of faster-paced games that require more juice from iOS to run.
- If your AirPods Pro are producing significant latency, try unpairing and re-pairing them from your iPhone or iPad to see if the problem goes away.
- Users may feel some latency while playing games on their laptops or gaming PCs with Bluetooth due to a variety of reasons.
- If the device you’re listening to it on has a version of Bluetooth prior to 5.0, there’s a good chance you’ll notice some latency when playing games on it.
Can The Airpods Pro Be Used With Nintendo Switch?
Yes, you can use the AirPods Pro with Nintendo Switch. You will need an adapter to make sure they work, but you can find them online and purchase them or I given below stereo type headset adapter
Note: Just click images to see price on amazon
Is It Possible To Connect AirPods Pro To An Xbox One?
No, you can’t connect them to an Xbox One with a controller.
You’ll need a Microsoft brand wireless adapter in the form of a ‘Play and Charge Kit’ or Microsoft branded headphones that can connect with the Xbox one controller for chat.
Option 1. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter
Option 2. Stereo Headset Adapter for Xbox One & Xbox Series
Or you will need to purchase the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.
- To connect your new AirPods Pro or Powerbeats Pro to your Xbox One, insert the headset adapter into the headphone port on your controller.
- Press and hold the button on top of the adapter for 3 seconds until you hear a tone indicating that it’s connected.
Note: AirPods Pro may not work 100% of the time due to connectivity issues with some controllers.
Can You Use AirPods Pro With PlayStation 5?
Can I Use AirPods Pro or Powerbeats Pro with Gaming Mac or PC?
The main thing that you want to keep in mind is that Beats headphones are designed to work with universal specs, but AirPods Pro and Powerbeats Pro are specifically created for Apple devices.
That means if you’re gaming on a Windows computer, you won’t be able to use Beats headphones due to lack of Bluetooth compatibility.
So what can you use them with?
The answer is Mac. Your Mac should be able to handle the data transfer that Beats need in order to work, so that means you’ll be able to game on your PC using AirPods Pro or Powerbeats Pro.
I hope this guide will serve as a quick reference. IF you like this article hit the newsletter/subscribe button to see our new posts about earbuds and share it with your friends, also gives back your feedback if you like or dislike anything in the comments section.
Did I Miss Anything?
Now i'd like to hear from you:
Please let me know I miss anything Or Maybe I didn’t mention!