If you’re an Airpod user, then you know that losing one of the tiny earpieces can be a real pain. But don’t worry, there are a few things you can do to try and find it.
In this post, we’ll outline some methods for finding your lost Airpod, as well as what to do if it’s dead.
Keep reading for tips on how to keep your Airpods from getting lost in the first place, and how to replace them if they’re gone for good.
1- Find my iPhone” app
- One method for finding your lost Airpod is to use the “Find my iPhone” app. This app will help you locate your Apple devices if they are within Bluetooth distance.
- This can be useful in finding your Airpod when it is nearby, but not in the immediate vicinity.
- Just open the app, select your Airpod, and you should be able to follow the direction to its approximate location.
2- Activate a Sound
- If you are willing to go a little deeper into the app, then go to “Devices” and select your Airpod.
- Here you can activate a sound, which will play from the Airpod itself for up to one hour.
- This could end up being quite annoying, but it’s an option if you are desperate.
- Also, it could actually be beneficial when hunting for a single Airpod, as you would have a higher chance of pinpointing the correct direction in which to go.
3- Cover the Other Ear!
- A common practice when losing an Airpod is to cover the other ear, as this can help you hear where it landed if it’s within range.
- This method could be effective, and you’ll certainly look a little strange if it works.
- However, don’t forget that the Airpod is still connected to your iPhone, which you should have with you.
Your phone will emit sound in that direction, and if the Airpod is within Bluetooth distance then it should make a sound.
If you really want to use this method, you can configure your ringtone to be extremely loud so that you can better hear it.
4- What If you are losing both Airpods!
- then this method will not work well. The best thing to do is to follow the sound of the Airpod that you still have, and hope that you find both relatively quickly.
5- Use the Official App!
- Another method for finding your Airpod is to use the official app. This method works more quickly than the Find my iPhone method, but it isn’t as reliable.
- Just open the app and your Airpod will activate a noise. This is the quickest way to make sure you only hear one sound rather than both simultaneously.
- You can also use the app to play a sound from your Airpod for up to one hour.
The downside to this method is that you have to make sure your Airpod is connected to the app.
If you lose your Airpod, then it will be disconnected from any device and become inaccessible.
This method also requires your phone to be on, and the app may drain your battery if you use it for an extended period of time.
6- Get an AirTag
- The AirTag is a small device that detects Airpods via Bluetooth and emits a sound. It works with one device at a time.
- So, if you are only missing one Airpod then this could be the solution for you.
- Just attach the AirTag to your Airpod, and your phone will emit a noise.
Keep in mind!
That the battery is not rechargeable so you will have to replace it when it runs out.
This can be especially frustrating because Airpods do not come with an extra battery included.
- This is probably the most reliable way of finding your Airpod, as it won’t depend on your phone or the Find my iPhone app.
- You can even configure custom settings for each AirPod so that you know which one is making the sound.
- If your Airpod becomes disconnected from this device, then it will continue to make a noise.
Hopefully, you never lose your Airpod.
There are a number of ways to make sure that this doesn’t happen, including using the official Apple case to store your Airpods.
The best way, however, is to always have them in their case. This ensures that you will never misplace them.
The last and probably best method for finding your lost Airpod is to buy another one. Of course, this isn’t free, and it may require that you contact Apple Support to set up an exchange.
But if your Airpod is truly lost, then this may be the only option. Just make sure you are in your house, or somewhere that it would be difficult to lose an Airpod.
You can also activate a sound from the other Airpod (if you still have one) and follow the sound to find your lost Airpod.
I hope this guide will serve as a quick reference. IF you like this article hit the newsletter/subscribe button to see our new posts about earbuds and share it with your friends, also gives back your feedback if you like or dislike anything in the comments section.
Did I Miss Anything?
Now i'd like to hear from you:
Please let me know I miss anything Or Maybe I didn’t mention!