If you’re an Airpod user, then you know that losing one of those tiny earpieces can be a real pain. Especially if the missing Airpod is the only one you have left!
So, what do you do if you lose your AirPods and can’t find them? Here are a few tips to help you track them down.
1. Use “Find My iPhone”
- If you’re using an iPhone, the easiest way to find a lost Airpod is to use the “Find My iPhone” feature. This will allow you to see the last known location of your Airpod on a map.
- To use “Find My iPhone”, open the Settings app and tap on ” iCloud “. Then, scroll down and tap on ” Find My iPhone “. Make sure that the toggle switch is turned on, then tap on ” Close “.
- Now, if you lose your Airpod, you can open the Find My iPhone app or go to icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- You’ll see a list of all of your devices, including your Airpods. Tap on the “More” button on the bottom right corner of your screen to view more details.
- You can see your last known location on a map, which you can use to find your missing Airpod.
2. Look Near a Speaker or Charger
- You can also place a speaker near your lost Airpod and connect it to your iPhone using Bluetooth.
- If you see your missing Airpod around the speaker, then it has probably fallen out of your ear while you were listening to music or charging your Airpods.
- If that’s the case, then find the speaker and check to see if your Airpod is in or near it.
- When you find it, simply disconnect and leave your phone in the same room as the speaker.
Another thing you can try to find your missing Airpod is to turn on your iPhone’s Bluetooth and connect to any nearby devices.
Your Airpod has a Bluetooth chip just like your iPhone. If you see your missing Airpod near another device that’s connected to Bluetooth, then it probably fell out while you were walking around your house.
3. Listen to Your Music While Walking Around the House
- The next trick you can try involves using your Airpod’s built-in accelerometer to help you find it.
- Your iPhone has the same technology that lets you play games like “Pokemon Go” just by walking around.
- To use the accelerometer, go to Control Center and swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
- Now, tap on the “Device” button and select your Airpod from the list of devices that appears.
- Next, open the Music app and play your favorite song or playlist. You can then start walking around your house and listening to the music as it guides you towards your Airpod.
- If you lose your Airpods in another room, make sure to set the volume on your iPhone and Airpod to medium.
- Then, turn the volume up on either device until you hear the music playing. If it’s not at medium, then you won’t be able to hear it very well.
4. Shuffle Songs on Your iPhone
- This is another great trick for finding your missing Airpod.
- It involves using the power of music to help you track it down.
- The first thing you need to do is put your iPhone into shuffle mode. Then, make sure to connect your Airpod to your iPhone using Bluetooth.
- When you’re done, place the shell of your missing Airpod next to your iPhone.
- When your phone starts playing music, the music will be emitted from both your Airpod and your speaker (if connected).
- By listening to the sound of your music playing, you can determine which direction the missing Airpod is located in.
- Then, walk towards the device while listening for the music to get louder. This will help you find your missing Airpod in no time.
5. Use a Metal Detector
- If you have access to a metal detector, then it can be a great way to find your Airpod.
- Metal detectors are used by treasure hunters and divers to find lost valuables.
- You can use one to track down your missing Airpod because both the metal detector and your Airpod have a magnetic field.
- You can buy a metal detector for less than $100 on the internet and in some electronic stores.
- Now, hold your metal detector up to the same ear as your missing Airpod. When you activate it, you should see a signal on the screen if your missing Airpod is nearby.
- If you don’t, then try the other Airpod to see if it yields a different result.
6. Call Apple Support
- If you’re still having trouble finding your Airpod, then you can always call Apple Support.
- The company offers a wide range of services that are available 24/7.
- When you call Apple Support, the customer service advisor will be able to walk you through finding your Airpod using your iPhone’s Bluetooth connection or using Find My iPhone.
- The last thing you want to do is lose your Airpods! So, if you ever lose them, always remember to check the speaker in your iPhone or Mac.
- If you can’t find it there, then look for any nearby devices that your Airpod might be nearby.
- Keep in mind that it may take a bit of time and effort before you can finally find it.
- But, the good news is that if you have more than one Airpod, then there’s a better chance of finding one.
- Just make sure to have one charged and try out the tips below.
What if I Have only One Airpod?
If you only have one Airpod, then you can still find it. You just need to make sure that Bluetooth is turned on in your settings and that your device is connected to your missing Airpod.
Put the Airpod in a place that it would be easy for you to find and then try out a few of the tips.
What if I Don't Have a Mac or I Phone?
If you're missing your Airpod without a Mac or iPhone, then there's not much you can do. You'll need to continue using the tip of putting it in a place that is easy for you to find. You can also try calling Apple Support for help if your Airpod is still missing.
So, are you ready to go out and track down your missing Airpod? If you do, then be sure to use the simple tips mentioned above.
They’ve all been proven to be effective in locating the device. Just remember that sometimes, it may take a bit of time before you can find your Airpod.
But, once you do, you’ll be happy to know that it’s back in your possession.
I hope this guide will serve as a quick reference. IF you like this article hit the newsletter/subscribe button to see our new posts about earbuds and share it with your friends, also gives back your feedback if you like or dislike anything in the comments section.
Did I Miss Anything?
Now i'd like to hear from you:
Please let me know I miss anything Or Maybe I didn’t mention!